$180,000 – $200,000
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Data Scientist to lead an Advanced Analytics function for this large Financial Services organisation
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Data Scientist to lead an Advanced Analytics function for this large Financial Services organisation that provides a wide and diverse offering in the Australian market. The Data Scientist / Advanced Analytics Manager role will work with different divisions in supporting the business by providing Data Science Solutions covering data usage, data insights, statistical tools and the technology to be deployed. This position will also provide technical expertise using data mining techniques, pattern detection, graph analysis and statistical analysis to optimise the value of the data collected. The position is a full time role working as an Data Science SME / Advanced Analytics Manager with an ASX Listed Global Organization headquartered in the Melbourne CBD, offering a competitive remuneration package, flexible working environment and a great company culture.
As the Advanced Analytics SME within the team you will engage with, educate and influence internal business stakeholders to understand and prioritize requirements to design, develop and implement cutting edge analytic solutions. You will be responsible for managing a team to develop statistical and machine learning predictive models to help improve customer experiences and increase the company’s data science capability across the business enterprise. To be considered for this position you will have prior experience working within a data related senior lead / team lead and or management role, preferably where you had to design and implement a forward-thinking data management and analytics strategy and develop a data science and analytics capability. The perfect candidate will have a degree or PHD in Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science with significant experience of applying machine learning techniques to solve real life problems in a commercial environment using structured and unstructured data.
Essential skills and experience
• A track record in delivering data science solutions to improve business outcomes
• Experience in data mining, statistical methods, machine-learning
• Strong Knowledge of and experience R, SQL and Python;
• You have strong skills in data wrangling and databases using SQL
• Experience with Hadoop, Spark or Kafka highly regarded
• Analytical mind, business acumen, strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra) and problem-solving aptitude
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Experience in banking and Finance industry is highly desirable